Online Speech and Language Therapy
Advances in technology have made it possible for speech and language therapy to be offered online. If your schedule or location makes it difficult to work with a speech therapist in person, this could be the right option for you.
Who can benefit from speech therapy online?
- people and families with busy schedules
- families in areas rural or under-serviced areas
- parents home schooling their children
- distance education organisations
- schools who do not have an SLP on staff
- businesses supporting employee training and rehabilitation needs
We offer most all of our therapy and assessment services online including:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Articulation and Voice Therapy
- Acquired Communication Disorder therapy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Services
How Does Online Therapy Work?
All you need is a computer with a webcam, speakers, a microphone and access to the internet. Our therapist will provide a therapy program that addresses your or your family member's specific concerns. This includes providing targeted speech and language therapy techniques, visual supports, as well as, resources and exercises to be worked on in between sessions.
The first step is to schedule an Initial Session, this allows us to build a speech therapy program to address your specific needs. This process involves building a case history, conducting an assessment and identifying communication goals. We will also work with you to select a therapy schedule and assist you to access available funding.