Articulation and Voice Therapy
We offer a wide range of speech and language therapies to address articulation and / or voice concerns.
Articulation difficulties can be the result of a developmental issue or an acquired injury. Our articulation therapy services focus on improving the:
- ability to pronounce sounds and sylables
- pronunciation of words and sentences
- intelligibility of speech for everyday conversation
Speaking too much, smoking, excessive clearing of the throat or the upward movement of stomach acid can all result in strain or damage to the vocal folds. Our voice therapy services focus on:
- improving voice function
- reducing the abuse or misuse of voice
- reducing further scarring, lessions or damage of vocal folds
Following an initial meeting together, we will build a speech therapy program to address your family member's specific needs. This process involves building an awareness of their unique history, conducting an assessment and identifying communication goals. We will also work with you to select a therapy location and schedule, as well as, assisting you to access available funding.